It’s been a week that’s turned all our lives and routines upside down. Many of us were beginning a transition to home working but for some of us, me included this has been a more sudden change.
Taking the decision to close our shops last week was not easy, but it became clear that it was necessary. Unused to being in one place for most of the week and missing the day to day interaction with our wonderful staff and customers is a huge adjustment.
It is also a seismic change for us to move from being a bricks and mortar business to becoming, at least for the next few weeks, a solely online business.
Juggling the demands of working with the rest of the family also at home and also trying to work will also need some navigation over the next few days as we all settle into a very new normal.
Here’s what I’ve learnt so far:
- Start the day as if you were at your usual workplace. Without the need to travel though perhaps you do have time for some yoga, a run or some exercise.
- Take a mid-morning break and stop for some lunch, this is a great time for the family to come together for a catch up.
- Make a workplace, even if it is a small desk or table, that becomes your home office. Ask the rest of the household to respect that you are at work when you are at your desk.
- Do get up and get dressed as if you were going to the office or a meeting. You don’t know when you’ll get that video conference call & besides you will feel in a more professional headspace.
- Do try to keep it in the day and finish at a regular time.
Have a look at our home worker capsule of smart casual clothing that might just add a little freshness to your usual routine and is 25% off until 29/3/20, discount will be applied automatically, the first of our weekly offers while the shops are closed.